Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mommy Moment: Baby "Rocks"

Pin It
Today's Mommy Moment is from Linsey

I was getting my 5 year old out the door to kindergarten this morning when I opened her back pack and realized I had forgotten to give her her teach and tell object. I pulled out the special bag, placed the object inside and as I was putting the special bag back in her pack, I noticed a few somethings that were tiny and round rolling around in the bottom of her back pack. 

As my curious and, hopefully, imaginative mind started to mull around the possibilities of what these small, brown, round, dry looking objects could be, I said, "What's this? Did you have a snack at school?" Then I pulled it out starting to guess as to what these little things could be... hoping they were maybe some new product I hadn't seen before, like cookie dough bites or little round cookies.

As I pulled out what I was starting to suspect were something pretty disgusting my daughter said, "Mom! Those are my surprise I brought home for you!" 

I chuckled as I said, "Oh! That is so sweet of you to think of me! Where did you find this...'surprise'?"

"On the playground during recess!"

As I saw little bits of grass through the dry round balls, further evidence proving what I already knew in my heart, I said, "Thank you so much, sweetie! This is so great, but next time you see these you better just leave them on the ground."

"Why?"

"Because, sweetie, they're droppings. They're deer poopies."

She just laughed out loud and crinkled her nose as she said, "Oh they are!? I thought they were little baby rocks!" She tossed her back pack across her shoulders and happily skipped out to the car while I promptly threw them in the garbage and washed my hands thoroughly... hoping she had also done the latter yesterday.

No comments: